The United Way of Southwestern Indiana is advancing the common good by focusing on the building blocks for a good life for all - Education, Income and Health.
Giving to the United Way ensures that your gift will have the most impact in your community. By combining your gift with thousands of others, the United Way is able to achieve long-term change in improving people's lives.
How United Way Works
Our mission is unite resources to understand and address priority issues. Everyone has something to offer. United Way connects people to opportunities to GIVE, ADVOCATE and VOLUNTEER.
The United Way of Southwestern Indiana is:
- United Way of Southwestern Indiana serves Vanderburgh, Spencer and Warrick counties
- Funds are raised and distributed locally
- United Way of Southwestern Indiana is governed by a board of volunteers from the area
- Volunteers oversee every aspect of the organization, ensuring United Way funds are prudently managed
- In-depth financial analysis and controls assure fiscal responsibility
- Each year, a team of more than 60 volunteers review the programs and decide how funds should be distributed
- One community-wide campaign supports essential programs in the areas of childhood success, youth success, financial
stability, access to health and vital services
- Volunteers stretch the value of each dollar contributed
United Way Programs
In addition to funding programs at 29 Partner Agencies and building community partnerships, the United Way provides:
- VOLUNTEER INCOME TAX ASSISTANCE (VITA)
- KIDS K-CAMP
- GET CONNECTED VOLUNTEER DATABASE
- COVID-19 RESPONSE FUND FOR THE GREATER EVANSVILLE REGION (fiscal sponsor)