|UNITED WAY AND YOU-WHERE IT ALL COMES TOGETHER
Heart of West Michigan United Way has served Kent County, MI for more than 100 years and will continue to be here for the next 100 by doing what we do best: understanding our community's most pressing needs and mobilizing accordingly. We do this by connecting essential resources, empowering pertinent partners, organizing necessary volunteers, and directing needed funds to deliver lasting, measurable, and equitable change.
Our Mission: We unite community resources to invest in solutions that reduce poverty in West Michigan.
Our Vision: A Thriving Community for All
INVESTING IN LONG-TERM SOLUTIONS
Individuals and families often rely on multiple programs and organizations just to access basic needs. That's why instead of tackling a single problem, we partner with more than 40 local nonprofits through our Community Grant Fund to remove barriers, provide wraparound services, and fight the root causes of poverty.
- Family Stability: Ensuring more families have access to housing, food, and mental/behavioral health and family support services.
- Youth Education: Ensuring more middle school students have the support they need to learn and succeed.
- Financial Security: Ensuring more adults and youth have opportunities for employment, training, and transportation.
MEETING IMMEDIATE NEEDS
Through additional county and partner funding, United Way's internal programs and services work to address challenges West Michiganders face every day.
YOU MAKE A DIFFERENCE
- 2-1-1: Our free, 24/7 helpline connects people with thousands of services in 15 Michigan counties.
- Kent County Tax Credit Coalition: Through KCTCC, volunteers complete free tax services that bring millions of dollars back into our community.
- Volunteer Center: We connect thousands of people with 300+ nonprofits to make a real impact in Kent County.
It takes you to create change in our community. Big or small, one-time or recurring-your donation to Heart of West Michigan United Way's Community Grant Fund combines with others to improve thousands of lives here in Kent County.
Our work is only possible because of our generous donors across West Michigan. Everyone benefits when we come together—can we count on you to join us?
Learn more at hwmuw.org